Tetrapropoxysilane CAS No. 682-01-9
Tetrapropoxysilane, also known as TPS or tetrapropyl orthosilicate (TPOS), is a colorless liquid that is widely used in various industries. Its chemical formula is Si(C3H7O)4, and its molecular weight is 248.4 g/mol. It is soluble in organic solvents such as alcohol and acetone, and hydrolyzes in the presence of water to form silica gel and propanol.
Pengrun.ltd is a leading supplier of Tetrapropoxysilane CAS No. 682-01-9 to customers around the world. The company offers high-quality TPS that meets industry standards and is suitable for a wide range of applications.
Characteristics and uses:
It is an important silicone coupling agent and crosslinking agent, which is widely used in the treatment of paints, coatings, silicone rubber and inorganic materials.
Packaging, storage and transportation:
Finished products are packed in 5KG, 10KG, 25KG, 200KG plastic drums, other specifications need to be booked.
|Chemical name||Propyl orthosilicate|
|Boiling point °c||225℃|
Uses of Tetrapropoxysilane
Tetrapropoxysilane is a versatile chemical that finds use in many industries. Some of its key applications include:
1. Coatings and adhesives: TPS is used in the production of coatings and adhesives for various surfaces, including metal, glass, and ceramics. It provides excellent adhesion, durability, and resistance to corrosion and heat.
2. Catalysts: TPS is used as a precursor to various silica-based catalysts that are used in the production of chemicals such as silicone rubber, polyester resins, and adhesives. These catalysts offer high activity, selectivity, and stability.
3. Nanoparticles: TPS is used in the synthesis of silica nanoparticles, which find use in various fields such as drug delivery, imaging, and catalysis. These nanoparticles offer unique properties such as high surface area, biocompatibility, and tunable surface chemistry.
4. Optical materials: TPS is used in the production of optical materials such as lenses, prisms, and mirrors. Silica glasses made from TPS offer high transparency, refractive index, and thermal stability.
Benefits of Using Tetrapropoxysilane
Tetrapropoxysilane offers several benefits over other chemicals in its class. Some of these benefits include:
1. Versatility: TPS can be used in a wide range of applications, making it a versatile chemical for the modern world.
2. Purity: TPS from pengrun.ltd is of high purity, ensuring optimal performance and minimal impurities.
3. Stability: TPS is stable under normal conditions and does not degrade easily over time.
4. Ease of use: TPS is easy to handle and can be stored at room temperature.
Tetrapropoxysilane CAS No. 682-01-9 is a versatile chemical with a wide range of applications. It offers several benefits over other chemicals in its class, including versatility, purity, stability, and ease of use. Pengrun.ltd is a leading supplier of TPS that meets industry standards and is suitable for a wide range of applications. Contact pengrun.ltd today to learn more about TPS and how it can benefit your business.
Tetrapropoxysilane (TPOS), also known as n-propyl silicate, is a colorless, odorless liquid with a boiling point of 160-165°C. It is a versatile chemical with a wide range of applications.
One of the most common uses for TPOS is as a cross-linking agent for silicon rubber. Cross-linking agents are used to increase the strength and durability of rubber by forming bonds between the polymer chains. TPOS is a particularly effective cross-linking agent for silicon rubber because it is able to react with both the silicon and oxygen atoms in the polymer chains.
TPOS is also used as a modifying agent for organic and inorganic resins. Modifying agents are used to improve the properties of resins, such as their hardness, toughness, and flexibility. TPOS can be used to modify a wide variety of resins, including epoxy resins, polyester resins, and polyurethane resins.
In addition to its use as a cross-linking agent and modifying agent, TPOS is also used as an inorganic binder for refractory fillers and pigments. Refractory fillers are used to improve the heat resistance of materials, while pigments are used to add color to materials. TPOS can be used to bind both refractory fillers and pigments together, creating a strong and durable material that can withstand high temperatures.
TPOS is a safe and effective chemical with a wide range of applications. It is used in a variety of industries, including the construction industry, the automotive industry, and the electronics industry. TPOS is a valuable tool for manufacturers and engineers who need a versatile chemical that can be used to improve the properties of a wide variety of materials.