3-Octanoylthiopropyltriethoxysilane (CAS No. 220727-26-4; S-(3-(triethoxysilyl)propyl)octanethioate) is a silane coupling agent that is used to modify the surfaces of materials. It is a clear, colorless liquid with a mild odor. 3-Octanoylthiopropyltriethoxysilane is a versatile compound that has a wide range of applications. It can be used to improve the adhesion of coatings, sealants, and adhesives to a variety of substrates. It can also be used to modify the surface properties of plastics, metals, and ceramics. 3-Octanoylthiopropyltriethoxysilane is a safe and effective compound that is widely used in a variety of industries.
PR-NXT silane coupling agent is a silane with thiocarboxylate functional groups, which reduces the number of mixing times compared with conventional thiosilanes. In addition, it improves the dispersion performance of silica and the coupling strength between silica and rubber, and significantly reduces the shear strain modulus ΔG’. These improved rheological and dynamic properties will result in significantly lower rolling resistance in tires made with NXT silanes compared to tires made with conventional polythiosilanes.
NXT silanes are designed for use in the manufacture of highly filled silica reinforced tire compounds. It can be used to increase the mixing temperature without causing viscosity increase and premature vulcanization. Early in the non-productive mixing phase, the silane and silica particles react. The hydrophilicity of the silica particles is reduced due to the reaction between the silanes and the silanols on the silica surface. At the same time, the reduction of surface silanol concentration reduces the number of hydrogen bonds, thereby reducing the possibility of re-aggregation of silica particles.
Product Features and Benefits
1. Lower system cost (reduced non-productive mixing times and good processability)
2. High temperature mixing will not cause viscosity increase and premature vulcanization
3. Significantly reduce the shear strain modulus, ΔG’
4. Excellent low temperature dynamic performance (+5°C to -20°C)
5. Excellent storage stability of unvulcanized rubber (reduced re-agglomeration of silica)
6. More flexibility, convenient for users to customize rubber properties
7. Low VOC emission
Packaging and storage
1. This package is packed in 27L and 200L drums, and the net weight of each drum is 25Kg/drum, 190Kg.
2. This product is stored in an airtight state at room temperature, and the validity period is 1 year from the date of production.
Safety and storage and transportation
This product is stored in a sealed state at room temperature. Customers should carefully read product information, material safety data sheets (SDS), and labels before use, familiarize themselves with product safety information, operating instructions, and environmental impact, and wear corresponding personal protection as required supplies.
|Appearance||Pale yellow to amber clear liquid|
|Sulfur Content %||8.0-9.5|
|Flash Point（open cup） ℃||≥170|
|Kinematic viscosity mm2/s||4.7-7.5|
|Density 25℃ g/m3||0.9640-0.9740|
|Refractive Index 25℃||1.4400-1.4700|
CAS Name: S-[3-(Triethoxysilyl)propyl] octanethioate
IUPAC Name: S-(3-triethoxysilylpropyl) octanethioate
Other Names for this Substance
- Octanethioic acid, S-[3-(triethoxysilyl)propyl] ester
- S-[3-(Triethoxysilyl)propyl] octanethioate
- 3-(Triethoxysilyl)propyl thiooctanoate
- NXT Silane
- 3-Triethoxysilyl-1-propyl thiooctanoate
- Silquest A-Link 599
- A-Link 599
- Silane NXT
- NXT Silane