3-Methacryloxypropylmethyldimethoxysilane (3-MAPS) is a silane coupling agent that is used to modify the surface properties of materials. It is a clear, colorless liquid with a mild odor. 3-MAPS is a versatile silane coupling agent that can be used to improve the adhesion of a variety of materials, including plastics, metals, and ceramics. It can also be used to create water-resistant and corrosion-resistant coatings.
3-MAPS is used in a variety of applications, including:
- Adhesion promoter for plastics, metals, and ceramics
- Water-resistant and corrosion-resistant coatings
- Mold release agent
- Curing agent for epoxy resins
- Textile finishing agent
- Papermaking additive
3-MAPS is a relatively safe chemical, but it can be irritating to the skin and eyes. It is also flammable and should be handled with care.
|Alias:||3-(Dimethoxymethylsilyl)propyl methacrylate; 3-(Dimethoxy(methyl)silyl)propyl methacrylate; 3-Methacryloxypropylmethyldimethoxy silane; 3-[dimethoxy(methyl)silyl]propyl 2-methylprop-2-enoate|
Application fields :
- It can improve the mechanical properties, electrical properties, and light transmission properties of unsaturated polyester composite materials, especially the wet performance of composite materials can be greatly improved.
- Improve the mechanical strength and wet state of glass fiber reinforced composite materials. Electrical properties
- Copolymerized with vinyl acetate and acrylate or methacrylate monomers, these polymers are widely used in medicine to improve the performance and durability of coatings, adhesivesand sealants
Packaging and storage:
25L barrel packaging: 208L closed steel drum packaging . After opening the package, it should be kept away from the moisture in the air to avoid hydrolysis and gelation. It should be stored in a ventilated and dry place with a temperature below 25 degrees and a shelf life of 1 year.