3-Mercaptopropyltrimethoxysilane CAS No.4420-74-0 (MPTMS) is an organosilane with a thiol group. It is a versatile compound with a variety of applications.
MPTMS can be used as a capping molecule for cadmium sulfide nanocrystals. This means that it can be used to coat the nanocrystals, which helps to protect them from degradation. MPTMS can also be used to prepare multi-walled carbon nanotubes and bilayer modified gold electrode. In these applications, MPTMS acts as a linker molecule, which helps to connect the different components together.
MPTMS can also be used as a molecular adhesive. This means that it can be used to bond two different surfaces together. For example, MPTMS can be used to fabricate vapor-deposited gold electrodes on glass substrates. In this application, MPTMS helps to create a strong bond between the gold and the glass.
Finally, MPTMS can be used as a precursor for silica. This means that it can be used to create silica nanoparticles. Silica nanoparticles have a variety of applications, including in the fields of catalysis, electronics, and medicine.
MPTMS is a safe and effective compound with a wide range of applications. It is a valuable tool for scientists and engineers working in a variety of fields.
- Safety information: MPTMS is a safe compound when handled properly. However, it is important to avoid contact with skin and eyes. If contact does occur, wash the affected area with soap and water immediately.
- Storage information: MPTMS should be stored in a cool, dry place. It should be kept away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Disposal information: MPTMS should be disposed of in accordance with local regulations.
Properties and uses
this product is colorless transparent liquid.
1. used as silane coupling agent to increase properties of complex materials in epoxy resin, polyurethane, polyester, SBR rubber and natural rubbers. In addition, it can be used as reinforcing and crosslinking accelerant in glass fibre, glue and airproof materials.
2. it has good defence properties for metal surface.
3. used as fabric finishing agent, sanforizing agent, raw materials for Hair-care products, etc.
Packing, storage and transportation：
1. this product is very stable in normal pressure and temperature and stores in cool, dry and ventilated storerooms. Please keep away from fire and heat.
2. this product gets little tPRill for skin, eyes and peogaster. So you must make defence before using.
3. This product is packaged: Finished 5KG, 10KG, 25KG, 200KG plastic drum, and other specifications to be scheduled.
|Chemical structural formula||HS（CH2）3Si（OCH3）3|