3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane (CAS No. 2530-87-2) is a clear, colorless liquid with a mild odor. It is flammable and can be harmful if inhaled or ingested. 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane is a versatile chemical with a wide range of applications. It is used in the production of silicones, resins, and other materials.
3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane is a silane compound, which means that it contains silicon and oxygen atoms. Silane compounds are used in a variety of industries, including the automotive, construction, and electronics industries. 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane is a particularly versatile silane compound because it can be used to create a variety of materials.
For example, 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane can be used to create silicones. Silicones are a type of polymer that is used in a variety of applications, including sealants, lubricants, and adhesives. 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane can also be used to create resins. Resins are a type of material that is used to make a variety of products, including paints, varnishes, and plastics.
In addition to its use in silicones and resins, 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane can also be used to create other materials. For example, it can be used to create catalysts, which are substances that speed up chemical reactions. 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane can also be used to create precursors, which are substances that are used to create other substances.
3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane is a safe and effective chemical when used properly. However, it is important to follow safety precautions when working with 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane. These precautions include:
- Wearing gloves, goggles, and a respirator when working with 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane.
- Keeping 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane away from heat and flames.
- Storing 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane in a cool, dry place.
Characteristics and uses:
The appearance of this product is a colorless transparent liquid. Insoluble in water will cause slow reaction, but hydrolysis crosslinking reaction is easy to occur under acidic or alkaline conditions, and is an important basic material for the synthesis of silane coupling agents with methoxy groups. At the same time, this product has a good coupling effect on epoxy FRP, and is widely used as a reinforcing agent and crosslinking agent for composite materials, inks, glues and sealing materials.
Packaging and storage:
- This product must be sealed and stored in a warehouse with a room temperature of about ≤25 °C, otherwise it will be hydrolyzed by moisture to form polymers.
- The sealed shelf life of this product is one year.
- This product has slight irritation to the skin and eyes, so protect yourself when using it.
- The packaging of this product is divided into: 200KG plastic packaging drum and 1000KG plastic drum packaging.
|Chemical structural formula||C6H15ClO3Si|
|Specific gravity 20 °c||1.08|
|Boiling point °c||195-196℃|
3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane CAS No. 2530-87-2,