3-Aminopropyltrimethoxysilane 13822-56-5 (APTMS) is a versatile silane coupling agent that is used in a variety of applications. It is a colorless to pale yellow liquid with a mild odor. APTMS is a member of the aminosilane family of compounds, which are characterized by the presence of an amino group. The amino group in APTMS makes it a reactive compound that can be used to bond to a variety of surfaces.
One of the most common applications for APTMS is surface modification. APTMS can be used to modify the surface of a variety of materials, including metals, plastics, and ceramics. This can be done by reacting the amino group in APTMS with the hydroxyl groups on the surface of the material. Once the amino group has reacted with the hydroxyl groups, a covalent bond is formed between the APTMS and the surface. This bond can improve the properties of the surface, such as its wettability, adhesion, and corrosion resistance.
Another common application for APTMS is polymerization. APTMS can be used to initiate and/or propagate polymerization reactions. This is because the amino group in APTMS can react with a variety of monomers, including vinyl monomers, epoxy monomers, and urethane monomers. When APTMS is used to initiate polymerization, it forms a silane-based polymer. These polymers are often used in coatings, adhesives, and sealants.
Finally, APTMS can also be used to promote adhesion. APTMS can be used to bond two different materials together. This is done by reacting the amino group in APTMS with the hydroxyl groups on the surface of one material. Once the amino group has reacted with the hydroxyl groups, a covalent bond is formed between the APTMS and the surface. This bond can improve the adhesion between the two materials.
APTMS is a versatile silane coupling agent that has a wide range of applications. It is used in a variety of industries, including the automotive, aerospace, and electronics industries. APTMS is a safe and effective compound that can be used to improve the properties of a variety of materials.
- Safety information: APTMS is a safe compound when used as directed. However, it is important to wear gloves and eye protection when handling APTMS.
- Storage information: APTMS should be stored in a cool, dry place.
- Disposal information: APTMS can be disposed of by incineration or by sending it to a hazardous waste disposal facility.
|Physical and chemical properties|
|Water Solubility:||to react|
Application fields :
1. It is especially recommended for thermoplastic and thermosetting resins, such as ethylene oxide, polyurethane, etc., which can improve the mechanical and electrical properties of reinforced plastics , such as bending strength, compressive strength and shear stress.
2. It can significantly improve the dispersion performance of fillers in polymer materials.
3. It can significantly improve the performance of adhesives and sealants;
4. It can be used in resin sand casting to improve the adhesion of resin silica sand and improve the strength and moisture resistance of molding sand.
Packaging and storage:
25L plastic drum; 28L closed steel drum;
should be stored in a ventilated and dry place at a temperature of 25°C, and the shelf life is 1 year.