3-Mercaptopropyltriethoxysilane CAS No.14814-09-6 (MPTS) is a bifunctional organosilane that has a reactive organic mercapto group and a hydrolyzable inorganic methoxysilyl group. This makes MPTS a versatile coupling agent that can be used to improve the adhesion of a variety of materials.
MPTS is commonly used to improve the adhesion of elastomers to inorganic fillers, such as silica, clay, glass, mica, and talc. It is also used to improve the adhesion of plastics to metals, and to improve the water resistance of coatings.
In addition to its use as a coupling agent, MPTS is also used in a variety of other applications. For example, it is used in the production of photoresists, which are used in the manufacture of electronic devices. MPTS is also used in the production of catalysts, and in the treatment of wastewater.
MPTS is a safe and effective chemical that has a wide range of applications. It is a valuable tool for chemists and engineers who are looking to improve the performance of a variety of materials.
MPTS is a flammable liquid and should be handled with care. It can irritate the skin and eyes, and it may be harmful if inhaled. If you come into contact with MPTS, wash the affected area with soap and water immediately. If you get MPTS in your eyes, flush them with water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical attention. If you inhale MPTS, move to fresh air and seek medical attention if you experience any symptoms.
Storage and Disposal:
MPTS should be stored in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight. It should be disposed of in accordance with local regulations.
Features and uses
This product is a colorless transparent liquid with an unpleasant sulfide odor. Insoluble in water, but soluble in alcohol, will slowly react with water.
1. This product is used as a silane coupling agent in epoxy resin, polyurethane, styrene-butadiene rubber and natural rubber to improve the performance of composite materials made of them. In addition, it can be used as a reinforcing and cross-linking accelerator for glass Fibers, deep inks, glues and sealants.
2. It has excellent protective properties for metal surfaces.
3. As fabric finishing agent, anti-shrinkage agent and raw material for hair care products, etc.
Packaging and storage
1. This product is relatively stable at normal temperature and pressure. Avoid contact with open flames and high temperatures. Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated warehouse, away from fire and heat sources. Keep container tightly closed. The storage area should be equipped with leakage emergency treatment equipment and good containment materials.
2. This product is slightly irritating to the skin, eyes and respiratory tract, so protection should be taken when using it.
3. Packaging of this product: 200KG plastic drum.
gamma-Mercaptopropyl triethoxy silane
|Specific gravity 25℃
|Boiling point °C